Sunday, June 01, 2008

Saint John River - Day 6

Our last day on the river. A 16 mile paddle down to Pellitier's Campground in Saint Francis where the truck and van are parked. Over night the gauge at Ninemile reached a low of 940 CFS.


 

 

 

 

 

 

6:15 AM - I take a walk this morning upstream to get another look at Big Rapids. However, after a mile or so I've only reached the bottom of the rapids and it begins to rain again. Before I return to camp I take a photo looking downstream towards Allagash Village.


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8:33 AM - After a quick breakfast we get underway again. Despite the rain, the weather is warmer and we see our first blackflies of the trip as well as a pair of otters.


 

 

 

 

 

 

8:40 AM - Mark and John paddle past the a river front home in Allagash Village.


 

 

 

 

 

 

11:56 AM - 14 miles later we reach the end of the trip and begin unloading the canoes one last time.


 

 

 

 

 

 

12:12 PM - After a change of clothes and a bagel or two, we pose behind the Blue Hole for a group shot.

1 comment:

knitnzu said...

Hey, so do you get lots of comments in here or what? Great pictures. Looking forward to seeing the ones from Newfoundland. I'll add you to my bloglines when I get home. My blog is mostly knitting and fiber related, but there are some categories in the list on the right that might be interesting... like the vacation out west last year...